Monday, September 5, 2016

Return II 2016



Detail of "Return II"

"Return II"

My love affair with paper and eco-dying continues with this work furthering the exploration of my connection to my geographical environment as it supplies my physical reality with the essentials for life. The physical world is created in layers, strata, deposits  and in this work I have been overlaying transparent papers with plant pigment deposits on in a technique like painterly wash layers. This way the pigments have built up in different densities and textures across the underlying surface of the work. Superimposed and imbedded into these layers are the skeletal leaves. I have collected, cleaned, dried and pressed these remnants of life's passage from my surrounding physical environment.  They feed the layers below as in the past the layers below fed their growth form. The cycle of life continues with their return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment