Monday, August 15, 2016

"Tectonics I" 2016.

 "Tectonics" speaks to the earth and its movement beneath us. Natural materials have been used to convey compression, uplifts and lateral changes.



Close-up views of Tectonics. 




Tectonics 2016


This is the first in a new body of work looking at my physical world, the cliffs and rock outcrops I see in my immediate surroundings. The materials I have used are all naturally dyed with plant and mineral dyes that are also taken from my immediate surroundings. This work is exploring how I am physically connected to my surroundings and how I can use very simple natural materials transformed within my surroundings to create a visual expression of my connectedness. The work is informed by slow making methodology and ecologically sensitive considerations, aligned with the underpinning fundamentals of my practice. 

1 comment:

  1. This latest work is especially interesting to a geographer like me! But I love it all!

    ReplyDelete