Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Opening - overviews of Lysaght Watt Gallery


These two images are of one half of the gallery space I installed my retrospective show in.
In this area I have Been able to put the sequence of very fine miniature tapestries up in order and all together. These were done 1987-1988 using silk sewing thread as both the warp and the weft.
They show on the lower image along the RH wall.
On the opposite wall are the 'Windows' series that I completed on graduation from OCA and then in the window and down the wall are some of the damasks. On the nearby plinth is 'My Street'
Looking the other way are a mixture of pieces, reading down the LH wall of the upper photo there are Captured Loyalties 2002, Reckitt's Blue 2008-9, Volatus Avium 2010, with 'Joy Germs, I found them in my garden.' 2008 on the back wall.
 The damask on the stand is called 'Trellis'. On the RH wall is the series 'Curves of Life' 2006. On the plinth is Treble Clef 2006-7.
As yet there are no clear photos of the other half of the gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment